ACOR Fellowship Opportunities for the 2019–2020 academic year are now online and the application portal is open at http://orcfellowships.fluidreview.com/
ACOR promotes study, teaching, and increased knowledge of ancient and Middle Eastern studies with Jordan as a focus. We encourage you to share these opportunities widely with your networks. Complete information about all the ACOR Fellowships is online at https://www.acorjordan.org/about-acor-fellowships/
ACOR is offering in this cycle:
• 2 - 3 residential fellowships for post-doctoral researchers for research or work leading to an academic publication
• 2 - 4 residential fellowships for pre-doctoral graduate students to fund dissertation research in Jordan
• 8 awards variously for travel, research, or accommodation for American and international students participating in ASOR affiliated archaeological projects in Jordan
• 7 awards for Jordanian undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the sphere of cultural heritage and archaeology
• 1 award for a post-doctoral scholar to assist in preparing the final publication of the Temple of the Winged Lions in Petra.
• 2 awards for a Jordanian scholar or working professional to travel to the USA and present a paper at the the annual meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research which will be held in Denver, Colorado in November, 2018 .
• 1 award for ACOR alumni of any nationality to present a paper in the USA at the annual Middle East Studies Association conference which will be held in San Antonio, Texas in November 15–18, 2018.
The deadline for the TWL Publication Fellowship is OCTOBER 22, 2018; the deadline for the MESA award is FEBRUARY 15, 2019; the deadline for all other ACOR fellowships is FEBRUARY 1, 2019. Awards will be announced by mid-April 2019.