The Department of Middle East Studies at Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Persian and Iranian studies (or “the Persianate World”) in the medieval, early-modern or modern periods, to begin 1 October 2019.
Successful candidates must hold a Ph.D. S/he will be expected to actively engage in research, supervise graduate students, and take part in academic activity in the Department of Middle East Studies, in addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses on Iranian studies covering various periods. Candidates must be qualified to teach in Hebrew.
Applications should be sent by February 24, 2019, to Prof. Avi Rubin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae (including contact details).
• Description of future research plans.
• Letter of intent stating willingness to begin teaching in the Fall of 2019;
• List of publications.
• Three recent publications and/or writing samples;
• Three Letters of Recommendation sent by the referees directly to the above email address.