American Society of Public Administration’s Section on Effective and Sound Administration in the Middle East (SESAME) is accepting nominations for the inaugural Distinguished Achievements and Leadership in Public Administration Scholarship or Practice in the Middle East Award.
The non-monetary Award is given for significant and sustained contributions to the field through scholarship, leadership, or practice. Nominees must have demonstrated outstanding achievements in Public Administration as a scholarly field or profession in the Middle East over an extended period of time. In addition to significant contributions to scholarship and practice, a nominee's contribution to leadership and education in the MENA may be considered.
Please note: Nominees need not be members of SESAME.
Nomination Requirements and Process
- The nomination does not need to be a member of SESAME, but nominations from non-members of SESAME must be endorsed by at least one SESAME member.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nomination file should include the Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae and one letter of nomination (a maximum of two pages) that must come from a different institutional base than that of the nominee.
- All proposals must be submitted electronically to email@example.com in a single PDF formatted file to assure their integrity.
- Nomination deadline is 11:59PM EDT on January 15, 2019.
- The Award is presented during ASPA’s annual conference in March 2019 in Washington DC.
To learn more about SESAME, please visit our website: