The Department of Arabic Language and Culture at National Chengchi University in Taipei, ROC (Taiwan) invites applications for one full-time faculty position.
The successful applicant would be expected to begin employment on 1 August 2019.
1. Knowledge in Arabic (native or near native) is a must. Ph.D. in Arabic Linguistics; Arabic Culture; Computer Science; Information and Communication Technology in Learning; or relevant fields
2. Specialized writings and publications; research achievements and cross-disciplinary research given high priority
3. Competence in English-taught courses preferred; at least one course taught in English per semester required if employed
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Copy of diplomas (BA, MA & Ph.D.). Foreign Ph.D. diploma must be authenticated by ROC (Taiwan) Consular Office.
3. Copy of Ph.D. transcripts. Foreign Ph.D. transcript must be authenticated by ROC (Taiwan) Consular Office.
4. Copy of dissertation and publications within five years; list of all researches and publications
5. In-service certificate, or proof of previous academic employments. Foreign certificates must be authenticated by ROC (Taiwan) Consular Office.
6. Copy of Academic Teaching Rank Accreditation Certificate issued by Ministry of Education of ROC (Taiwan), if any
7. Two or three recommendation letters
8. Two or three courses syllabi intended to offer
9. Strong recommended: a video recording of a 15-munite teaching demo which demonstrates your competence in English and Arabic, and/or using technology in language teaching
10. All application materials must arrive at the following address no later than 28 February 2019 (by post-mark)
Application should be sent via certified mail to:
No. 64, ZhiNan Rd., Sec. 2, WenShan District, Taipei 11605, Taiwan
Department of Arabic Language and Culture,
National Chengchi University
＊Please note “Application for Full-time Teacher” on the envelope.
We welcome applicants of all nationalities. National Chengchi University is an equal opportunity employer. For further information, please contact Mr. Lin at +886-2-29393091 ext. 63401 or send an e-mail or visit our website.