Al-Quds Bard College for Arts and Sciences (AQB) is a partnership of Bard College and Al-Quds University in Palestine. AQB confers US-accredited BA and MAT degrees from Bard College and Palestinian degrees from Al-Quds University. Bard College seeks a Program Manager based on its Annandale-on-Hudson, NY campus to manage the day-to-day implementation of the Bard degree-conferring programs under the AQB partnership, encompassing a broad range of administrative functions and responsibilities and ensuring that all institutional and donor requirements are met. The Program Manager reports to Bard’s Executive Vice President and works closely with Bard’s Dean for International and Network Learning Initiatives, AQB’s founding program director at Bard. The Program Manager is the main point of contact for AQB at Bard, working closely with support offices across the Annandale campus.
- In collaboration with colleagues at AQB and Bard, establish and implement administrative, personnel and financial systems, policies and procedures that adhere to the standards and best practices of both partner institutions and comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies and program donors
- Monitor and manage a complex multi-million-dollar budget, ensuring compliance with allocations and federal and private donor regulations
- Work closely with support offices on the Bard campus, including Finance, Payroll, Human Resources, Registrar, Student Accounts, Public Relations, Publications, Institutional Support to streamline AQB workflow across all areas of program administration, including:
- Faculty and staff appointment
- Payroll and benefits
- Student academic records
- Student financial records
- Financial management and audits
- Grant management
- Federal compliance
- Public relations
- Fundraising and development
- Work closely with the administrative and academic leadership at AQB and AQU to set and meet program and workflow goals
- Develop funding proposals for AQB in collaboration with the Dean
- Maintain clear channels of communication with donors; maintain compliance underfunded awards, and draft narrative and financial reports to donors
- Work with Bard Abroad staff on the implementation of the study abroad program at AQB
- Convene joint committee meetings
- Serve as a key member of AQB’s Joint Administration and Finance Committee, which establishes annual and long-term financial and administrative plans for AQB, provides oversight of AQB’s operating funds, inclusive of grant, tuition and fee income, and all expenditures drawn on AQB accounts, and monitors the overall administrative effectiveness and transparency of AQB.
- Recruit, train, supervise and mentor staff
- BA Required; MA preferred
- 10 years of progressive program management experience in a higher education context, at least 5 at a senior level
- Superior communication skills
- Professional experience in the Middle East and proficiency in Arabic
- The ability to manage workflow in a wide range of areas
- A sense of humor
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and three contact references through Interfolio.com.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.