Full-time contract-based foreign language teachers, National Defense University in Taiwan, ROC
National Defense University is a military academy in Taiwan, ROC. It invites applications for full-time contract-based foreign language teachers in 2019-20.
Specification of the positions
The university invites applications with expertise in teaching Arabic at beginning and intermediate levels. The successful appointees will engage in teaching 18 hours per week, designing learning materials, and assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
1. Native speakers of Arabic
2. Bachelor’s Degree or above; Master’s or PhD Degree preferred
3. Experience in teaching Arabic at elementary and intermediate levels
4. Commitment to course and teaching affairs during summer and winter vacations
5. Physically and mentally healthy (Relevant checkups or examination records are needed.)
6. No criminal records (Home-country criminal clearance certificate is needed.)
1. Salary - NTD 62,720 – 73,025/month (USD 2,000 – 2,300/month)
A foreign teacher needs to pay individual income tax.
2. Subsidy and Stipend -
Round-trip air ticket subsidy
Housing subsidy and living stipend; details will be shown in the contract
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF file in the prescribed order below:
- Curriculum vitae (In English)
- Copies of two writing (In recent five years)
- Two letters of recommendations (In recent two years)
- Photocopies of documents relevant to the positions
- Photocopies of undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate for applicants with a Master’s/PhD Degree (with English translations if not originally in English)
June 24th 2019
- Please email all documents (attached in a single PDF file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also mail a hard copy to:
The Faculty Selection Committee,
Department of Arabic Language and Culture,
College of Foreign Languages and Literature,
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan 11605 R.O.C
- An interview will be arranged for the successful applicants; teaching demonstration is required.
- If you wish your documents to be returned to you, please indicate it and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- The appointees will commence work in October 1st, 2019
Ms. Chen Hsin