R0011436 Arabic language Lecturer (General Faculty)
The Arabic language program in the Department of Middle Eastern and South Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of Virginia invites applications for a full-time position as Lecturer (General Faculty) in Arabic. Responsibilities include teaching three courses per semester. The successful candidate will teach elementary and intermediate levels of Arabic. Therefore, we are looking for candidates with experience with teaching Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Arabic (preferably non-Levantine) at the college level using a proficiency-based, communicative methodology. Anticipated start date is August 25, 2020.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. The term of this appointment will be for three years with the possibility of renewal.
Native or near-native proficiency in Arabic with strong competence in MSA, and fluency in English. An MA degree in Arabic, Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition, Foreign Language Pedagogy, or a relevant humanities or social science field is required.
Application screening will begin on November 29, 2019 but the position will remain open until filled.
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs search for requisition #R0011436 complete the application, and attach the following:
1. Cover letter to include:
• A summary of the applicant's qualifications, interests, experience, and suitability for the position.
• It should address the applicant's preparation for engagement with communicative language pedagogy and the collaborative teaching of elementary and intermediate classes.
• A summary of demonstrated previous experience or potential to contribute to a culture of multiculturalism, diversity and inclusion in the classroom, department, and/or university.
2. Curriculum vitae
3. One sample of a course syllabus and representative samples of course evaluations.
4. Contact information for three references.
***Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the resume box.***
***Applications that do not contain all the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
Questions about this position should be directed to Cameron Clayton, email@example.com.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to: Nicole Robinson, Faculty Search Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University will perform background checks on all new faculty hires prior to making a final offer of employment.
UVA assists faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area.
To learn more please visit https://dualcareer.virginia.edu.
For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see http://www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vv8nn8fkjr65p7sc