Founded in 1919, AUC is a leading English-language, American and Egyptian-accredited institution of higher education and center of intellectual, social and cultural life in the Middle East. Its community of students, parents, faculty, staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries. The University stands at the crossroads of world cultures and acts as a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate and understanding across a diversity of languages and human experiences.
The American University in Cairo invites applications for Dean of Libraries and Learning Technologies, to begin no later than August 2020.
Reporting to the Provost of the University, the Dean provides leadership and vision for all operations and future development of the University's libraries and learning technologies and plays a leading role in supporting the University's academic mission.
He/she works closely with other senior administrative officers to enhance programs both within the libraries and across the University. The Dean is responsible for all matters related to the administration of the library ensuring that they remain on the cutting edge of information services and technology and providing excellent service and resources to faculty, staff and students.
The Dean also oversees library strategic planning, budgeting, fundraising, staffing, physical space matters, application of information technology, as well as the maintenance and formation of local, regional and international partnerships.
Key Attributes of Successful Candidate
The successful candidate should preferably have an American Library Association accredited degree, such as a Master in Library Science (MLS) or Master in Information Science (MIS), or similar recognized degree in the field. He/she must have 10+ years of increasingly responsible positions in university or research libraries.
While international experience is preferred a background in Middle East studies and/or Arabic language is not required.
The successful candidate is likely to also possess the following attributes:
* An experienced leader with interpersonal and managerial skills who has the vision, imagination, and creativity necessary to set and achieve ambitious goals
* Knowledge of innovative library technology and pedagogy including creative experiential learning and instructional delivery systems and platforms
* A clear awareness of the role of libraries in developing and supporting innovative pedagogical practices and the use of instructional technologies to support teaching and learning across the university
* Proven ability to lead a team towards transformation and further develops a culture that welcomes change and innovation
* Evidence of support for faculty scholarly research, teaching, and service
* Evidence of support for student achievement and student success
* Experience with accreditation standards and agencies
* Engagement with the wider community beyond the university, with demonstrated understanding of outreach techniques and tools, including exhibitions, public events and relations with donors of collections
* A commitment to and evidence of securing external support through fundraising and development
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x3cgkcm4wkh2w57b