Call for Applications
Spring 2021 Visiting Professor, Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA)
Kuwait Program of Sciences Po
The Kuwait Program of Sciences Po is a partnership between Sciences Po and the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS). Working together, the two institutions support research and teaching of excellence in the social sciences and the humanities, with special emphasis on the Middle East and Gulf Region.
Our Kuwait Program offers one-semester teaching opportunities at Sciences Po’s Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA) for leading specialists of the Middle East and Gulf Region.
One teaching position in Spring 2021 (23rd January to May 21st, 2021) is open for academic year 2020-2021.
- Individuals of all nationalities
- Professors and researchers who are full-time faculty members of professorial rank at their home institution (e.g. Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or University Professor)
- Applicants must have a background in either social sciences or economics, with an interest in the Middle East or Gulf Region. Our ideal candidate will have a research focus on one of the following subjects: political economy, human development, urbanism, environment, comparative study of legislative cycles, health, etc.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
The Visiting Professor will teach one graduate course in English for one semester at PSIA (12 sessions of 2 hours each) on a topic related to the Middle East and/or Gulf Region.
They will be supported by a teaching assistant. They will give one academic lecture or seminar presentation at Sciences Po and will spend one week in Kuwait to deliver one public lecture and participate in meetings. In addition, they will publish one policy brief during the semester on Kuwait and/or the GCC.
When applicable, the Kuwait Program at Sciences Po Visiting Professor will continue to receive their salary from their home institution. While at Sciences Po, they will receive 20,000 Euros (gross) to help defray the cost of the visit as well as a travel allowance of up to 1,500 Euros for relocation to Paris, via reimbursement based on original receipts.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following materials in English to email@example.com with “Spring 2021 Visiting Professorship Application” in the subject title:
- A letter of intent (2 pages maximum)
- Curriculum vitae
- Course proposal for a class to be offered on topics related to the Middle East or Gulf Region, taught at the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), graduate level
- Two-letters of recommendation sent directly by the referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicants’ name in the subject line
- Teaching evaluations of previous courses offered, if available
The deadline to apply has been extended to 15 September 2020. Results to be announced in October 2020.
More information on the application available here: https://www.sciencespo.fr/kuwait-program/associated-researchers/
Please feel free to contact the Kuwait Program Manager, Morgan Packer, at email@example.com for any questions regarding this position.