The American Cultural Association of Morocco is seeking applicants for the position of Center Director for the American Language Center (ALC) and the Arabic Language Institute in Fez (ALIF). The Center Director is responsible for managing the center, including financial and operational management, overseeing the academic program, teacher recruitment, training and evaluation and cultural and community initiatives.
Management & Leadership
- Oversee the organizational structure and decision making process with the ALC, ALIF and American Bookstore.
- Manage language and study abroad programs of ALIF.
- Recruit and manage staff and teachers for the ALC and ALIF.
- Innovate and promote new initiatives, being attentive to different marketing and promotion techniques in the community, including actively using the ALC and ALIF’s social media, blog and website.
- Oversee the physical premises of the ALC and ALIF.
- Oversee the annual budget process for the ALC and ALIF, with the ACA comptroller.
- Complete annual audits and desk reviews with the ACA external auditors.
- Submit timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting and budgeting and meet financial goals.
- Prepare reporting on center statistics, demonstrating comprehension and attention to details.
Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Review and adapt course curricula, book and resource selection and grading system annually.
- Define expectations for student learning.
- Organize regular teacher observations, co-teaching, teacher mentors and training process and subsequent evaluations.
- Motivate teachers and staff, in part through identifying opportunities for teacher and staff professional development.
Cultural & Community
- Work with ACA cultural team to program diverse activities.
- Plan local community service initiatives, partnering with non profit organizations and collaborate with ALCs on projects.
- Encourage student run clubs, engaging teachers and staff in overseeing organization.
- Oversee the English Teaching Internship Initiative (ETII) locally.
- Oversee the ALC-ALIF Bookstore, sourcing new and unique titles, organizing workshops and activities.
*Other responsibilities to be determined.
The ideal candidate for should have a minimum of four years experience in international administration and supervisory experience, along with the following qualifications:
- an MA or MS in TEFL or related degree
- a minimum of intermediate Arabic; communicative level of French a plus
- computer literacy, including familiarity with financial and school management software
- EFL/ESL classroom experience
- experience in the field of international education, preferably with student exchange or study abroad programs
- interest and experience in cultural programming and community service activities
- a high degree of cultural sensitivity and experience living/working in Morocco or a similar country (strong --preference for candidates with Morocco-specific and ACA-specific experience)
- ability to work harmoniously with both Moroccans and non-Moroccans
- excellent planning, organization, interpersonal and liaison skills
- ability to establish and maintain relationships and the ability to quickly make new contacts in the world of international education both locally and internationally
- U.S. citizenship
The ACA offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience, a retirement plan, and medical coverage.
Application deadline is November 1, 2020, sent to email@example.com, and should include:
- A CV
- A cover letter
- A photocopy of the photo and information page of your US passport
- References list