Position Information: https://eapps.austincc.edu/ehire/posting/online_version.php?job_num=2009036
Location: As assigned.
Hours: As assigned.
Salary: Salary is assigned according to the Full-Time Faculty Salary Scale.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Department Chair, Humanities
Criminal Background Check: Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Job Summary: Responsible to prepare and deliver Humanities coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Humanities to a diverse student population based on the department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community college students and the standards of the discipline.
- Participate actively in departmental responsibilities and departmental governance, including curriculum review and revision, program review, assessment of student learning outcomes at the course and program level, and other departmental activities.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental expectations.
- Serve as a mentor to declared majors in Humanities program.
- Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected categories.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Support division and department goals through active and collegial engagement in decision-making and unit-level planning.
- Serve on collegewide and departmental committees, councils, work groups, and task forces.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president, executive vice president.