Call for Papers
GBL is currently accepting manuscripts for the 2022 issue (volume 22). We encourage submissions of manuscripts that integrate theory and practice in the realm of teaching and learning Languages for Specific Purposes, including business, but also the arts, engineering, law, etc.. Articles may pertain to any language, including English for non-natives. State-of-the-art reviews on relevant technological tools, (text)books, websites, are also welcomed. Authors must follow the Submission Checklist (below) before submitting an article.
- As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their compliance with all of the following items. Submissions may be returned to authors who do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently being considered by another journal.
- Article is written in English; any examples in another language are translated.
- Submission file is in Microsoft Word document file (.doc or .docx) format.
- Article follows APA format (see the Purdue Online Writing Lab for guidelines and examples).
- Text is double-spaced, uses Times New Roman 12-point font, employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses), and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points.
- Manuscript begins with an abstract of 150-200 words.
- Article is between 6,000 and 8,000 words (including abstract, notes, appendices, tables, and references).
- The instructions for ensuring a blind review have been followed: No information that identifies the author is included in the manuscript. If an author is cited, “Author” and year are used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of author’s name, paper title, etc.
- By submitting the article, the author certifies that any data that is subject to Human Subjects Review is appropriately approved and author has certificate of approval.
Note: GBL does not charge any “article submission or processing charges.”
Article submissions or related questions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Peer Review Process
An article submitted to GBL will first be reviewed by the editors to check whether it meets the required guidelines (see the Submission Checklist). The editors will assign the article to two to three reviewers who will use the approved evaluation forms and will not know the identity of the author(s). The reviewers will have approximately one month to review the article and provide a recommendation on acceptance. Then the editors will decide on the status of the article and send an official email notifying the author(s) of the decision.
Working Timeline for Submission, Review, & Publication
Manuscript submission deadline: July 15, 2021
Manuscripts under review: July 15-September 15, 2021
Decision notification to authors: October 1, 2021
Targeted publication date: May 31, 2022
Further deadlines to be announced.