PARC's 2022-2023 fellowship competitions are now open!
- PARC announces its 10th National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Fellowship Programs at Independent Research Institutions (FPIRI) competition for field-based research in Palestine in the humanities or research that embraces a humanistic approach and methods. Applicants must be scholars who have earned their PhD or completed their professional training. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have lived in the United States for the last three years. Fellowship awards are $5,000 per month for a minimum of four up to a maximum of ten months of research. Applications are due January 10, 2022.
- PARC announces its 23rd annual U.S. research fellowship competition for research that will contribute to Palestinian studies. Applicants must be doctoral students or scholars who have earned their PhD and must be U.S. citizens. Any field of research will be considered, including the arts, humanities, social sciences, economics, law, public health, and applied sciences. Fellowship awards are up to a maximum of $9,000. Research must take place in Palestine, Israel, Jordan, or Lebanon. Applications are due January 3, 2022.
- PARC announces its 23rd annual Palestinian research fellowship competition for research in the humanities and social sciences that will contribute to Palestinian Studies. Applicants must be Palestinian doctoral students or Palestinian scholars who have earned their PhD. Applicants may apply regardless of their country of residence or ID. Research must take place in Palestine, Jordan, or Lebanon. Fellowship awards up to a maximum of $6,000. Applications are due November 22, 2021.
- PARC announces its 13th annual Faculty Development Seminar (FDS) on Palestine competition for U.S. faculty members with a demonstrated interest in, but little travel experience to, Palestine. Applicants may come from any field of study. The program will host 10 to 12 U.S. faculty members to participate in roundtable discussions; visits to Palestinian universities, research institutes, and cultural institutions; tours of historic cities; as well as meetings with Palestinian colleagues. Applicants may apply for two program dates, May 19 - May 31, 2022 or June 16 - June 28, 2022, in Jerusalem and the West Bank. Applications are due December 20, 2021.
For complete information on these fellowships, visit PARC's website at http://parc-us-pal.org .
- CAORC announces its 2022 Multi-Country Research Fellowship. The Multi-Country Research Fellowship enables US scholars to carry out trans-regional and comparative research in countries across the network of Overseas Research Centers (ORCs), as well as other countries. The fellowship supports advanced research in the humanities, social sciences, and allied natural sciences for US doctoral candidates and scholars who have earned their PhD. Scholars must carry out research in two or more countries outside the US, at least one of which must host a participating ORC (PARC is one of the qualifying ORCs for this fellowship). The deadline for applications is November 16, 2021. To apply for this opportunity, click here.