The American Center of Research fellowship applications for the 2023–2024 academic year are now open online. Established more than fifty years ago and situated in the heart of the Jordanian capital, Amman, the American Center has awarded more than 1,000 fellowships to American, Jordanian, and other scholars conducting research on Jordan and the wider region. The center maintains a vibrant fellowship program that funds students and academics to research, publish or present their findings, and participate in archaeological or ethnographic fieldwork in Jordan and other countries in the region. We encourage you to share these opportunities widely with your networks. Complete information about all the ACOR Fellowships is available at https://acorjordan.org/fellowships-2/.
The American Center of Research is offering in this cycle:
• 3–4 residential fellowships for postdoctoral researchers for research or work leading to an academic publication (funded by NEH and CAORC)
• 2–4 residential fellowships for predoctoral graduate students to fund dissertation research in Jordan (funded by CAORC)
• 11–12 awards variously for travel, research, or accommodation for American and international students participating on ASOR-CAP affiliated archaeological projects in Jordan
• 7 awards for Jordanian undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the sphere of cultural heritage and archaeology
• 1 award for a Jordanian scholar or working professional to travel to the USA and present a paper at the annual meeting of the American Society of Overseas Research which will be held in Chicago, IL in November, 2023; 1 award for virtual participation.
• 1 award for ACOR alumni of any nationality to present a paper in the USA at the annual Middle East Studies Association conference which will be held in Montreal, Canada in November 2–5, 2023.
The deadline for the MESA award is February 15, 2023; the deadline for all other ACOR fellowships is February 1, 2023. Awards will be announced by mid-April 2023. To apply, visit: https://orcfellowships.smapply.org