MESA 2017 Volunteer Panel Chairs
Sometime after the program is scheduled-probably late June-MESA will call for volunteers to chair the panels that are assembled from individually submitted papers. If you are interested in being placed on the interest list, please send a quick email message to Mark Lowder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements to Participate
As is the case for all meeting participants, chairs must:
- be current MESA members for 2017 (please only volunteer if you are a current MESA member for 2017)
- pre-register for the MESA 2017 annual meeting
- welcome attendees and introduce paper presenters (typically by providing the name, affiliation and paper title)
- keep track of presentation times and transitions by giving presenters gentle reminders (for instance, slipping notes to presenters indicating how much time is left)
- ensure that panels end on time!
- report panelist absences to the MESA Secretariat (did a presenter unexpectedly not show up?)