MESA calls for volunteers to chair the panels that were assembled from individually submitted papers. If you are interested in chairing one or more of the sessions below, please send an email message detailing your preferences to Mark Lowder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be certain that you will attend the annual meeting before volunteering. It is difficult to find replacement chairs as the meeting approaches.
Requirements to Participate
As is the case for all meeting participants, chairs must:
- be current MESA members for 2018 (we cannot act on your request if you are not a current MESA member)
- pre-register for the MESA 2018 annual meeting
- welcome attendees and introduce paper presenters (typically by providing the name, affiliation and paper title)
- keep track of presentation times and transitions by giving presenters gentle reminders (for instance, slipping notes to presenters indicating how much time is left)
- ensure that panels end on time!
- report panelist absences to the MESA Secretariat (did a presenter unexpectedly not show up?)
Available Sessions to Chair
Sunday, November 18
5327 Modern and Contemporary Turkish Literature
5368 Late Ottoman Political Economy and Urban Reform
5337 Kurds and Turcomen in the Current Crisis in the Levant