MESA welcomes volunteers to chair panels that will be assembled from individually submitted papers at the 2020 annual meeting. A list of available panels will be posted around July 1. Please be certain that you will attend the annual meeting before volunteering. It is difficult to find replacement chairs as the meeting approaches.
Questions about the meeting may be addressed to Kat Kassanitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements to Participate
As is the case for all meeting participants, chairs must:
- Be current MESA members for 2020 (we cannot act on your request if you are not a current MESA member)
- Pre-register for the MESA 2020 annual meeting
- Welcome attendees and introduce paper presenters (typically by providing the name, affiliation and paper title)
- Keep track of presentation times and transitions by giving presenters gentle reminders (for instance, slipping notes to presenters indicating how much time is left)
- Ensure that panels end on time
- Report panelist absences to the MESA Secretariat (did a presenter unexpectedly not show up?)