MESA invites volunteers to chair the panels that were assembled from individually submitted papers. Please see the list of available panels below. Questions about the meeting may be addressed to Mark Lowder at email@example.com.
Please be certain that you will attend the annual meeting before volunteering. It is difficult to find replacement chairs as the meeting approaches.
Requirements to Participate
As is the case for all meeting participants, chairs must:
- be current MESA members for 2019 (we cannot act on your request if you are not a current MESA member)
- pre-register for the MESA 2019 annual meeting
- welcome attendees and introduce paper presenters (typically by providing the name, affiliation and paper title)
- keep track of presentation times and transitions by giving presenters gentle reminders (for instance, slipping notes to presenters indicating how much time is left)
- ensure that panels end on time!
- report panelist absences to the MESA Secretariat (did a presenter unexpectedly not show up?)
The following panel is looking for a discussant:
Enforced Disappearances in the Middle East: Histories, Trends, Theories and Approaches in Activism, Friday, November 15 from 8-10am. If you have the expertise and would like to volunteer to be the discussant on this panel please contact Jessica Mecellem at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, November 17
5732 Literary Modernity and Civic Society