San Antonio International Airport (SAT) 

Located 9.2 miles from the hotel; approx. 13 min.

Ground Transportation

Supershuttle shared ride van: $15 one way; $28 RT

Estimated taxi fare: $25-$29

The bus is $1.30 from the airport to downtown.

Things To Do in San Antonio

Getting Around

VIVA, VIA's new bus service line to popular destinations.

River Taxi Cruise the River Walk to access dining and entertainment venues. Strolling along the River Walk is fun, too!

Both Uber and Lyft operate in San Antonio.

Parking at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio

Overnight Valet $39

Overnight Self Park $29

International Travelers

Know Your Rights: What To Do When Encountering Law Enforcement at Airports and Other Ports of Entry into the U.S. (helpful tips from the ACLU)

If you need a letter of invitation to support your visa application, please complete the form at the bottom of this page. 

Visa Waiver Program Changes

Alert for those who normally travel to the U.S. on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Changes have taken place including new passport requirements (e-passports now required), and restrictions for those who have traveled to one of these countries since March 1, 2011


If you have traveled to one of the above countries since March 1, 2011 you cannot travel to the U.S. under the VWP. You will need a visa.


As of April 1, 2016, e-passports are required for those traveling under the VWP. These passports have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page, and a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner. Information

Electronic System for Travel Authorization

The Department of Homeland Security has established the “Electronic System for Travel Authorization,” an automated system to determine eligibility to travel under the VWP. All persons traveling under the VWP must apply for an ESTA. Approved ESTA applications are good for a period of two years. Further information is available here.

As always, we suggest getting everything in order for travel to the U.S. in advance of purchasing airline tickets. We encourage you to read the information on these new programs by following the above links.

Share your stories of border crossing troubles with MESA's Executive Director, Amy Newhall at

Stay Connected

MESA offers several ways to stay connected, including a young-people-approved presence on Facebook and Twitter, oldie but goodie listservs, and trusty email notifications. To find out more, please follow the link below.

Connect Now