Student Travel Grants
Application deadline: September 15, 2021.
MESA’s Board of Directors has established a fund to subsidize travel expenses for students who are presenting papers at the MESA annual meeting. For the 2021 meeting, MESA will award at least 50 $500 grants.
To be eligible for a travel grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- current student in a degree-seeking program during academic year 2021-22;
- current MESA student member for 2021;
- presenting a paper (panel) as part of the official MESA 2021 meeting program;
- must travel a minimum of 250 miles to attend the annual meeting;
- must not be receiving funding to attend the meeting from any other source;
- must present their paper at the MESA meeting as scheduled.
To apply, students should complete the form below and have their academic department chair submit to MESA a letter to email@example.com confirming that they are not receiving departmental support to attend the meeting.
All eligible applicants’ names will be entered into a lottery system for random selection. The awards will be announced shortly after the deadline and will be made by cash payment at the MESA meeting.