Student Travel Grants
Application deadline: September 1, 2020.
MESA’s Board of Directors has established a modest fund to help subsidize travel expenses for students who are presenting papers at the MESA annual meeting. For the 2020 meeting, MESA will award an as yet undetermined number of $250 grants.
To be eligible for a travel grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- current student in a degree-seeking program during academic year 2020-21;
- current MESA student member for 2020;
- presenting a paper (panel) as part of the official MESA 2020 meeting program;
- must travel a minimum of 250 miles to attend the annual meeting;
- must not be receiving funding to attend the meeting from any other source;
- must present their paper at the MESA meeting as scheduled.
To apply, students should complete the form below and have their academic department chair submit to MESA a letter to Sara Palmer (email@example.com) confirming that they are not receiving departmental support to attend the meeting.
All eligible applicants’ names will be entered into a lottery system for random selection. The awards will be announced shortly after the deadline and will be made by cash payment at the MESA meeting.