The Middle East Studies Association (MESA) is a non-profit association that fosters the study of the Middle East, promotes high standards of scholarship and teaching… Read more
- Lawsuit update: Coalition press release on Trump Admin. appeal
- Lawsuit update: Maryland court blocks new Muslim ban
- MESA joins as plaintiff in lawsuit against executive order travel ban
- Task Force on Civil and Human Rights issues memo condemning new executive Order and releases new response (3/8/2017)
- 2017 Undergraduate Research Workshop
- MESA's Board issues statement on President's Executive Order limiting the entry of Middle Eastern refugees and immigrants to the US
- Newly-Created Task Force on Civil and Human Rights issues memo on President's Executive Order (1/30/2017)
- Statement on Threats to Turkish Academic Freedom and Higher Education
MESA resources related to Crisis in Higher Education and Academic Freedom in Turkey
Call for Action for Turkish Colleagues
- Full List of Interventions
- 20 March 2017 - Letter to the New York State Assembly regarding two bills sanctioning students and faculty who advocate a boycott of Israel or other 'allied nations'. (pdf)
- 10 March 2017 - Letter to Israeli state authorities condemning an amendment to the “Entry into Israel” Law that denies entry to anyone who supports a boycott of Israel and/or all territories under Israeli control, including the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem (pdf).
- 2 March 2017 - Letter to PM Yıldırım regarding the number and deteriorating situation of incarcerated students in Turkey (pdf).
- 1 March 2017 - Letter to the King of Bahrain urging the release, but at minimum, proper medical care and family visits for Dr. Abduljalil Al-Singace (pdf).
- 20 February 2017 - Letter to Israeli state authorities expressing concern about a possible “code of ethics” for academics in Israeli universities (pdf).