2018 MESA Undergraduate Education Award Nomination Guidelines
MESA members are invited to submit nominations for the 2018 MESA UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION AWARD, which recognizes outstanding scholarship on teaching or other material contributions to undergraduate education in Middle East Studies. Nominators should explicitly state how the nominee's contributions help educators master the craft of teaching Middle East Studies to undergraduates or adds new dimensions to how Middle East Studies is taught to undergraduates. Examples of such contributions include:
- Pedagogical materials like syllabi or assignments that demonstrate innovation and/or effectiveness in course design or instructional technology.
- Publications aimed at undergraduate educators such as textbooks, source collections, and translations for the lay reader.
- Testimonies from students or former students for whom the nominee has left a lasting impact including pursuing Middle East studies after graduation.
- Publications emphasizing the scholarship of teaching, contributions to pedagogy or undergraduate curriculum development.
- Evidence of service contributions to undergraduate education in Middle East Studies including within MESA itself.
The winner will be presented with a certificate and cash award of $250 at the 2018 MESA Awards Ceremony to be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Antonio Texas.
2018 Nomination Guidelines
Nominations must be made by current MESA members, who should include the following:
- Completed NOMINATION FORM
- A letter of nomination that explicitly states the accomplishments of the nominee in the craft of teaching about the Middle East
- Three copies (preferably electronic) of the material (e.g., instructional materials, pedagogical article(s), book(s), syllabi, testimonials)
- CV of the nominee which highlights the contributions to undergraduate teaching
DEADLINE: August 31, 2018
Questions about the award and the nomination procedures may be directed to Rose Veneklasen at 520-333-2577 or email@example.com.
Nominations should be sent to:
Undergraduate Education Award
Middle East Studies Association
3542 N. Geronimo Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85705